Easy Stir Fry
This is a quick and easy meal you can make for dinner on those nights that you're limited on time.
Note: you can cook your noodle a day ahead, but be sure to drizzle with oil so the pasta won't clump together.
1-2 garlic cloves
1 pouch of you favorite vegetable mix (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, snow peas, cabbage, etc.)
1-2 Tbs sesame oil
1 cup green onions (chopped)
1 Cup chicken broth
1-3 tsp five spice (gives your stir fry the Chinese style flavor)
Red Pepper (crushed or coarse)
salt to taste
2-3 chicken breasts without skin and deboned - cut into bite size pieces
- Boil water for the pasta
- While water is boiling, heat 1 Tbs oil in a large skillet or wok
- Add the green onions, garlic and spices
- saute using a wooden spoon until green onions wilt but not brown
- Place chicken in pan (add more oil if needed to prevent sticking) and brown
- once chicken is browned, pour cup of broth, cover pan and reduce heat to medium
- By now your water should be boiling for the noodles. Place noodles in the boiling water
- cook noodles for about 10 minutes or until al dente
- Strain the pasta in a colander
- Throw your veges in the pan and cover for 5 min or until veges are bright (they should still be crispy).
- Place on a large serving paltter
- place pasta on top and toss gently to mix all the ingredients together
That's it. You have a delicious nutritious meal in 20 minutes or less.
For you carb counters, leave out the pasta and you still have a filling delicious meal.
Click here to go back to Home Cooking Recipes page.
Click here to go from easy stir fry back to the home page.