This is a delicious tasty chicken soup recipe that you can modify according to your taste.
1 whole fryer - cut into small pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
4 - 6 cups water
1 - 2 small zucchinis
3 - 4 new potatoes
1 - 2 ears of corn
1/2 head of cabbage
2 cup diced carrots
Green onion - chopped
Jalapenos - chopped
Avocado - sliced thin
- Place the chicken in a heavy pot such as a dutch oven. Pour water into the pot until it covers the chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the water to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium low and slow simmer the chicken for 1-2 hours or until tender.
- while the chicken is cooking, prepare your vegetables.
- cut up all of your vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Steam the vegetables separately until done to crispness. Potatoes, carrots, and corn can take up to 10-15 minutes to steam.
- Chop all of your garnish items and set aside in separate bowls.
- when chicken is done, ladel 1 -2 cups into serving bowls.
- Add 1-2 pieces of chicken into each bowl.
- Add vegetables of your choice.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion, jalepanos and slices of avocado.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime over the soup.
Return from Chicken Soup to the home page.