This fish stew is easy to make. Takes very little time to prepare saving lots of time in the kitchen. And best of all it's loaded with nutrients, especially Omega 3 fatty acids.
1 lb fish (salmon, haddock, halibut, cod)
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 small yellow onion (minced)
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
2 tsp turmeric
1 Tbs italian seasoning
1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped fine)
1lb spinach (chopped)
1 - 2 cans chicken or beef broth
2 Tbs tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Place fish on baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- In a heavy skillet saute garlic, onions on medium heat.
- Toss in the tomato, sprinkle seasonings (turmeric, pepper, salt, italian seasoning) and saute until tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the parsley and spinach; and cook until vegetables are soft.
- whisk the tomato paste with 1/2 cup of broth and pour into vegetable mixture.
- pour the remaining broth into the pot and cover until the soup comes to a gentle boil.
- Remove fish from the oven.
- cut the fish into 2 oz strips. If you are using salmon, you can easily peel the skin off the fish before you cut them.
- Place fish in the pot with the vegetables.
- Stir until blended
- cover and cook for another 20 min
You can serve it over rice or for those of you watching your carb intake it's a meal in itself.
Return from fish stew to the homepage.