I made these chicken quesadillas by accident one day, because I had lots of leftover chicken I didn’t know what to do with. They are so easy to make and they taste great. Makes a great healthy recipe for kids, too.
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Grated mozzarella cheddar cheese mix
- Chopped leftover roast chicken
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped Cilantro. Do not mince. Do a rough chop. You can use kitchen scissors to do this.
- Avocado, sliced thin or cubed
- Use an iron pan for best results. Warm the pan.
- Place tortilla on hot iron pan. Warm for a few seconds, on both sides. Do not let it get brown.
- Sprinkle cheese all over . As the cheese melts it will act like glue to keep the tortilla together.
- Fold the tortilla over like an omelette and brown on both sides.
- Cut in half and serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
Click here to go from Chicken Quesadillas back to the home page.